Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been thinking about getting lower output pickups so I don't saturate my X2 Wireless transmitter, but then I thought, why not see about increasing the headroom of the transmitter?

Or maybe an easier question, can anyone find a fucking phone# for tech support on Line6's website? :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
How do you know it's saturated?
It's got a "signal level" light on both the transmitter and the rack unit. Those must be some seriously hot pickups, as I used to absolutely pummel my active Schecter C-4 bass with the bass boosted and my X2 XDS95 (the cheap one) never maxed out.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Mine did too, and I maxed it out a lot, and it never sounded like it was digitally clipping. Just trying to diagnose the problem.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Dude i have used warpig and X2N equipped guitars and didn't run into this with my X2, what pups are you using?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm using both EMG's and Blackouts and I haven't had any clipping issues either. Are you sure you don't just have the pickups too close to the strings?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ToneZone in my XV500 was too hot for it. It didn't clip necessarily, it just hit the compression limit for the transmitter, and the compression in it isn't very good :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts