Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

FTwut?

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Well, allow me to add my horrible rating... :lol:

I bought this a little over a year ago, during the Musician's Friend stupid deal of the day. I took it to band practice, and it was DOA. It would work for five minutes, and then started adding all sorts of digital artifacts to the signal. I tried several other times, and it was always the same: let it warm up, and it fucked up. Line6 replaced it under warranty.

I forgot to throw the cable in the box when I returned it, which turned out to be a good thing, since the cable on Mike's broke. He took my extra, and that one broke.

Just two weeks ago, the whole unit bit it again. The transceiver is no longer sending. AND the cable is starting to flake out. I'm glad I bought the 2yr gold coverage.

These things are total pieces of shit.

·
18,790 Posts
That is interesting. Admittedly I only owned mine for a year, but it was a great piece of kit.
Yeah, I also only owned mine for a year, though it did have an issue with cutting out towards the end, but I assumed that was just because of a faulty solder job I did when I replaced the 1/4"-plug with a right-angle Neutrik (which, it was also, since the connection completely came apart eventually :lol: ).

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I wonder if these are all refurb units, because i could have sworn all of these sold out AGES ago.
They must be, since their response to my problem was to pay to have it returned and refund the purchase price. They must have no units to give me as a replacement.

Since that was $199, I'm going to buy one of these at $129, along with another 2yr warranty. When THAT one craps out, I'll get my refund and look at what is on the market. I figured I'm renting these things, and the cost is a deposit and a $20 insurance premium.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Dave,
It's weird you had a bad experience. I bought this wireless on that same Stupid Deal of the Day & mine has worked great! I want the rackmounted version now.
It's not weird to me, since it says Line6 on it. :lol:

I've never had anything but bad luck with Line6. It's all cheap shit that easily breaks, and I learned early on to buy the extended warranty.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.