Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno how many of you people use these, but could do with a bit of input here. Tried to connect this up through the FX loop of my amp and get no signal at all. The only way I can sort this, is by using the 4CM, however, this seemingly does nothing but waste 2 cables, as my amp channels and volume are still bypassed. Basically I'm wanting to use this for FX with my amp so still retain all my amp channels, but run delays, choruses, reverbs etc through the Pod. Can anyone help me with this?

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Maybe you have it plugged in wrong? If you just want it for effects in the loop, it should go:

guitar -> amp input -> amp effects send -> POD main input -> POD main output -> amp effects return

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried that (well I think that's what I tried, there's so many fucking inputs and outputs :lol:), also tried running it Amp Loop Send > Pod Loop Return > Pod Loop Send > Amp Loop Return.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Dunno how many of you people use these, but could do with a bit of input here. Tried to connect this up through the FX loop of my amp and get no signal at all. The only way I can sort this, is by using the 4CM, however, this seemingly does nothing but waste 2 cables, as my amp channels and volume are still bypassed. Basically I'm wanting to use this for FX with my amp so still retain all my amp channels, but run delays, choruses, reverbs etc through the Pod. Can anyone help me with this?
Using a Line 6 POD X3 Live in your Effects Loop - Gearheads - The Guitarist's Online Resource

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
I've tried that (well I think that's what I tried, there's so many fucking inputs and outputs :lol:), also tried running it Amp Loop Send > Pod Loop Return > Pod Loop Send > Amp Loop Return.
Nah, that won't work. If you're trying to incorporate the POD's loop for the 4CM, that would be:

guitar -> POD main input -> POD effects send -> amp front input -> amp effects send -> POD effects return -> POD main ourput -> amp effects return

1 - 5 of 5 Posts