Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like all the add ons are now built in. Which makes me think that MS was losing their shirt on peripherals. For example, I don't know anyone who bought their wireless adapter. Way too expensive for what you were getting. I was also considering getting a 250GB drive. But at this point, why bother if it's nearly half of the cost for this one? ($299 250GB & WiFi built in)

If that door on the back panel opens up to allow access to the HD (like the PS3 does). Then I'll definitely upgrade to this.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Does it come with a towel?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Internal power brick too. Nice. Wonder if it's any quieter.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
So there's a dent around where the Ethernet port is that makes that particular area slimmer before tapering out to the original size at both ends?

I need a new xbox, hopefully the release of this will drop the price of the other ones :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also rumors are out about a 500GB ps3 - I haven't seen it confirmed yet tho
Some of us had over 500GB PS3's for nearly 2 years now :flex:

Just talked to a buddy of mine who is covering E3. The actual dimensions of this version looks smaller than the Elite.

Had a look at the reveal on XBL. It would seem that the drive is removable (and hopefully upgradeable). As long as their firmware is set to recognize larger HD's. I'll be all over this.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Some of us had over 500GB PS3's for nearly 2 years now :flex:

Just talked to a buddy of mine who is covering E3. The actual dimensions of this version looks smaller than the Elite.

Had a look at the reveal on XBL. It would seem that the drive is removable (and hopefully upgradeable). As long as their firmware is set to recognize larger HD's. I'll be all over this.
I don't think it uses your standard laptop hard drive, even though it is upgradeable. I'd guess it needs a custom housing, and custom firmware on the drive, just like the older drives. 250gb is more than enough for a console though, IMO. I've got 120 and it's barely got anything on it.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That's actually a really good deal. I like the built-in separate S/PDIF optical port, the additional USBs, and the built-in WiFi is very nice since the fucking adapter by itself is $100. If they managed to make it quieter, I might very well have to get one.

Is there an easy way to transfer game data from an old 360 HDD to new one?

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Any word on whats happening with a brand new system? This one has been out way too long, I think it's been 5 years already :eek:
Probably 2012. the PS3 and 360 are different than prior consoles. We're kinda in a golden age of gaming, and the graphics and gameplay are still outstanding on these consoles.

You could argue the PCs have better resolutions available and better FPS, but the games still look amazing on consoles even on huge TVs, and maybe I'm speaking for too many but I'd say I'm 100% happy with my 360 and PS3 and I'd love to see them stay around a few more years.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
^ I don't know about that, the new Battlefield game looks a lot better on the PC than the 360. I really don't mind shelling out some extra cash again, 5 years is way too long IMO. No game has really impressed me graphically (like "OMG WOW") like Oblivion did a few years ago.

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
There's no need for a new system yet. This is a whole new generation of game development, and they are only just really becoming aware of just how much these systems are capable of.

PC can definitely get faster framerates (at the cost of monster heat and the potential $1000 for two GTX-480's in quad SLI), but all things said and done the Xbox and PS3 are really doing quite well.

As for this, I like the look of it, much nicer than the first version. That said, I think I'm still a PS3 boy :cool::lol:

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
EDIT: Doublepost :wallbash:

And Stealth/Mehtab/dude, you're being too picky :lol:

I think it hits a point where everything looks pretty much the same level (with the exception of those few and embarrassing failures), and it gets hard to judge them on graphics.

Fallout 3 did pretty well though I think and New Vegas is on it's way, and (for PS3 at least) MGS4 was amazing too :yesway:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts