Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Dashboard, along with Xbox music and IE for xbox today.

I like the slightly more polished look of dashboard, but xbox music is painfully slow to use right now, but I'll chalk that up to high traffic on its first day.

Installing IE right now.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm, no update here. Last one was a few months ago that made it all Win-8-ish.
Really? Perhaps you powered on your box wrong. :lol:

It's still all Win 8-ish, but everything is a bit bigger, and higher res I guess.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I kind of miss the days when game consoles did nothing but play games.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I get that the 360 has media capabilities, and that's awesome, but does it really need a fucking search engine, web browser, and social networking? No. It should play games, and play games first and foremost. The fact they put Social first in the list across the top before Games is a complete travesty and just shows where consoles are going.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I love the fact I have Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and Amazon Prime on my PS3 that also plays Blu-Rays. Only one box really needed!

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:lol: I don't really care much. I'd never purchase anything that they show from Microsoft, but right now on my dashboard, they're advertising Walking Dead, Borderlands, Halo, and Minecraft. I look at it as more of a reminder than anything else.

I don't much care for Xbox Music. Granted, they have some artists I wasn't expecting (And for kicks, I searched for 'Djent', and actually got results. :lol: ), but the fact that you can't stream from it during a game, like you can when streaming music from your PC to your Xbox, kind of makes it useless for me.

Also, I don't like that they have albums and artists appear in search results, when they don't actually have any of their songs available to stream.

And finally, there is way too much Lady Gaga, and Beiber present on my xbox. There should be an option to say, "Don't advertise this artist to me" or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts