Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Guitar Nerd
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so sorry that im flooding the forum recently with gear issues. Just got my mackie so this is also the first time that i have plugged an xlr into the port of my axe fx 2.

Wierdly,it didnt click into place. Yes it was snug and i honestly doubt that it will loosen up on its own, but none of the other axe fx ports had that problem with my xlr cable.I deduced that it wasnt my cable and the port on the axe fx. Sadly, fractal doesnt ship to singapore so i will have to pay for shipping even though they cover the cost of the spare daughterboard as it is still under warranty. However, if the clicking doesnt cause any tonal differences by right, i wouldnt consider spending extra moolah on the shipping. Expenses have pretty much raped my bank account recently. Which leads on to my next question..

Does the clicking act as a ground or something?Cus i am DEFINATELY hearing tonal differences between my left output(faulty one) and my right output. I'm not sure how to pinpoint this. There is no panning on my patch and the output level for both inputs is the same. Is there a separate eq for each output that maybe different?Its a tweak of patch 35 and i didnt make any changes to the output signals or whatsoever.All tweaking was done within the patch/signal chain.

What are your thoughs on this?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
The Axe-2 has 2 XLR ports, and you're only running one HD1221, correct?

Since it's a mono signal, why not just use the other side?

Edit: Or just use the 1/4" out instead? You can run a TRS cable to the 1221 too. The TRS out on the same output (Output 1, iirc, it's not in front of me) is the same signal, just 6db lower.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I was sitting down learning on my Axe today - only had since Monday. So I could be completely fucking wrong. :rofl:

I'm also running XLR into a single speaker. One thing is to go into the Input/Output and be sure output 1 is on one of the mono settings. Mine was in stereo which means I would basically not be hearing anything produced in the right channel. Then if you additionally have anything turned on which is panning more to the right it would make the left or output 1 sound weaker.

·
Guitar Nerd
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ chris

Yes im using one hd 1221 only. But theres no trs input on the hd.Unless im totally blind and deaf:rofl:

I was playing through it again just now and the sound difference seems to be much less obvious now with another patch( Francesco filigoi's take on mark days's hurricane patch). I will see how it goes from here. It could be my ears playing tricks on me.

And no offence, but i really think Fractal needs to rework their shipping policies when it comes to warranty claims. With Suhr, when they sent me a black trem bar instead of a gold one which i paid for, they immediately sent me a gold one with a complimentary tshirt through courier service. Its things like that that imo, really makes the difference between good aftermarket service and stellar aftermarket service. :nuts:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts