Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Not to be a buzzkill, but I dont think OS/2 is going to be able to address anywhere near that amount of memory or storage space jeff.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Load that bitch up with 4gb memory sticks. You can have a GB of ram for every bit of the operating system :lol:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
:scratch: you video rendering? that is overkill :lol:

Your going to need eleventy-billion fans in your case to keep that thing cool.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah actually it puts out 10W more than my current 2.2GHz opteron dual core :lol: progress kicks ass lmao.

proc arrived today. 8x2.0GHz thing is heavy as crap

Load that bitch up with 4gb memory sticks. You can have a GB of ram for every bit of the operating system :lol:
Yeah, planning on 2x4GB right now for dual channel and I can upgrade to 4x4GB for quad channel :hbang:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
so, what am I lookin at here? not the processor but the motherboard.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts

5 1TB disks arrived today...8 total so far (1 is in use)
What are earth are you building this for? :eek:

Not to be a buzzkill, but I dont think OS/2 is going to be able to address anywhere near that amount of memory or storage space jeff.
:rofl:

Nah actually it puts out 10W more than my current 2.2GHz opteron dual core :lol: progress kicks ass lmao.

proc arrived today. 8x2.0GHz thing is heavy as crap

Yeah, planning on 2x4GB right now for dual channel and I can upgrade to 4x4GB for quad channel :hbang:
Holy fucking shit :eek:

Are you getting a second proc?

·
MAMMALHAMMER
520 Posts
Give it a few months and there will be a version of that CPU with 3.0ghz per core. Everyone hates it when that happens. That's why I personally buy away from the bleeding edge, I don't like the inevitable so I get the best value/performance. I can't handle seeing the new one haha.

What are you going to do with this beast? I guess it's up for anything and everything.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^yeah pretty much a whatever box, regular desktop, vm server, etc. I bought my current rig after it was out for quite a while because there was promised quad-core support which was never delivered. This time I decided to get something that is what I want from the beginning.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts