Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello MG community.
I have been searching for a long time a mid priced "Superstrat" kind of guitar, but without the Floyd Rose system. Something more like a Vintage Tremolo kind of thing.

Not recently ago, they are selling this guitar on local shop at 498 USD .

(Sexy isn't it? I gotta accept the colors made me go nuts:scream:)
I think (not specified on the website) it's obviously second handed since this guitar were discontinued years ago.Aside that I'm a little bit afraid of how many of the tremolo has been abused on this last years, I'm also concerning that the bridge itself. It is something I have never heard of it before.

Details of the guitar can be found on this website:

RGX620Z AMBER BURST - Electric Guitars - Yamaha - Canada

Has anyone owned or used one of this guitars before?
Any help or suggestion would be thanked.
Have a nice day.

By the way. the guitar is being sold at Guitar Center somewhere over the US:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-YAMAHA-RGX620Z-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-106151569-i1704322.gc

Yeah, the price on the blue one is a lot more, however I consider it's quite of a good price due to international shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Looks like a great guitar, i haven't personally tried one. I would check the neck to make sure its straight, also see if there are any dead spots.

Other than that if you like the tone / feel of the guitar go for it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a great guitar, i haven't personally tried one. I would check the neck to make sure its straight, also see if there are any dead spots.

Other than that if you like the tone / feel of the guitar go for it!
Thanks for fast reply!
Yes, I should run for it and try it tomorrow to ensure everything is....well not perfect but not messed up.

Here is some youtube video (not me obviously)...just for the sake of having a glimpse of how can it sound.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Hello MG community.
I have been searching for a long time a mid priced "Superstrat" kind of guitar, but without the Floyd Rose system. Something more like a Vintage Tremolo kind of thing.

Not recently ago, they are selling this guitar on local shop at 498 USD .

(Sexy isn't it? I gotta accept the colors made me go nuts:scream:)
I think (not specified on the website) it's obviously second handed since this guitar were discontinued years ago.Aside that I'm a little bit afraid of how many of the tremolo has been abused on this last years, I'm also concerning that the bridge itself. It is something I have never heard of it before.

Details of the guitar can be found on this website:

RGX620Z AMBER BURST - Electric Guitars - Yamaha - Canada

Has anyone owned or used one of this guitars before?
Any help or suggestion would be thanked.
Have a nice day.

By the way. the guitar is being sold at Guitar Center somewhere over the US:

In Store Used USED YAMAHA RGX620Z ELECTRIC GUITAR and more Solid Body Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

Yeah, the price on the blue one is a lot more, however I consider it's quite of a good price due to international shipping.
Those are great guitars, but I'd research the price a bit more; I don't think they were all that expensive to begin with, and $500 sounds high.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd play the shit out of that. Great looking guitar.
Yes, indeed it's one gorgeous lady.
But I'm afraid the tremolo won't stay in tune that long.

Those are great guitars, but I'd research the price a bit more; I don't think they were all that expensive to begin with, and $500 sounds high.
It is quite overpriced. If used on the Guitar Center is around $350 used, I can argue the original was around $400. But considering I don't live in the US, and either way I would have to pay international shipping to my country, I can see where those extra $100 are going.
Although for it's price, I expect it has the minimum defects as possible.
But again....the damn bridge.

Yamaha is WAY underrated. Everything i've played from them has been great.
I'm glad to know many guitarrist share this feeling that Yamaha is underrated. Recently, in my Superstrat or Strat hunt, I considered a Pacifica 112v, and everyone was very happy with one of those.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Most guitars in the $500 range generally come with shit trems. I have a couple of really nice RGs that sadly have the Edge III on them, and would otherwise be exceptional guitars.

If you buy this, rip that trem out and slap something proper in there, it would dominate. :metal:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Most guitars in the $500 range generally come with shit trems. I have a couple of really nice RGs that sadly have the Edge III on them, and would otherwise be exceptional guitars.

If you buy this, rip that trem out and slap something proper in there, it would dominate. :metal:
Guess im another one on the "Edge III :nono:" club.
I have an RGT42DXFM, but I have my bridge blocked since I could never managed to make it work. (despite all of the suggestions I tried from Ibanez official forum).

If I get this guitar, trust me I'll ensure to fit a nicer tremolo, however if this tremolo is a wilkinson copy, then my only choise would be throwing in an original wilkinson, that I believe its a full floating trem.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The 2-point yamaha trems are actually really nice.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

Drummer not included.
He's playing a Bongo now. Yamahas are nice, but it's kind of hard to say to an EBMM endorsement :lol:

I actually really like Yamaha's Troy Van Leeuwen and Wes Borland sigs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts