Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Stanky as fuck face at 0:40 = pure awesome.

Bonamassa is such an odd counterpart to Glenn Hughes. Hughes is dressed all rock star, posturing, etc, while Joe's just hanging out quietly in his suit and his shades kicking maximum ass. He's the consummate bluesman. :yesway:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Bonamassa is such an odd counterpart to Glenn Hughes. Hughes is dressed all rock star, posturing, etc, while Joe's just hanging out quietly in his suit and his shades kicking maximum ass. He's the consummate bluesman. :yesway:
It works when you see them live. A truly fantastic band in concert.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Oh I'm sure. It's just weird to see a 50 year old dude air humping next to a 30 year old guy in a 3 piece suit. :lol:
Yea I agree. I can't watch the DVD for that exact reason. Glen Hughes is a total douche. Fuck he pulls some dumb faces. I'm going to see Joe here in Sydney in October. I think the last time I was this anxious for a concert was first time I saw DT

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I guess you can put me in the Jacksonplayer camp, since I think Glenn Hughes is an awesome musician that can pretty much do wrong. Then again, I think Vai is boring, pretentious, and makes way worse faces. :lol:

·
Mr. Oni Guitars
1,366 Posts
I'm the opposite. Vai amazes me and Hughes is just a fucking tool. Bonamassa is like Satriani, in that almost everything I've heard from them bores the fuck out of me, but I know they can, but don't, do things that interest me. Like that vid of Satch improvising over modes while talking through it, which is 2 billion times cooler to me than his songs :shrug:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I guess you can put me in the Jacksonplayer camp, since I think Glenn Hughes is an awesome musician that can pretty much do wrong. Then again, I think Vai is boring, pretentious, and makes way worse faces. :lol:
Vai's not standing next to Joe Bonamassa when he makes them though. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts