·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind)

Wtf no paf 8

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I wish they'd do proper standalone singles for 7 and 8. It seems the Blaze 7 and Ionizer 8 singles are only really designed to work with their companion humbuckers in the middle position. It would be great to see some of DiMarzio's great single, stack and rail pickups in wider formats.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
That IS big news, about the single.

I wish they'd do proper standalone singles for 7 and 8. It seems the Blaze 7 and Ionizer 8 singles are only really designed to work with their companion humbuckers in the middle position. It would be great to see some of DiMarzio's great single, stack and rail pickups in wider formats.
Yeah, that's my biggest problem with the Blaze - it's a good match for the Blaze humbuckers in a H-S-H guitar, but it's not exactly the sort of neck singlecoil sound that makes blues guys swoon...

EDIT - and the obvious critique to that is "well, seven string guys don't play blues," but 1.) that's not really true, 2.) there's enough guys who still love "classic"-sounding singlecoils for clean guitar, and 3.) sevens are very popular in shred, and thanks to Yngwie et al, singlecoils have always been as well. Even if they just introduced the three Area singlecoils, the 58, 61, and 67, in seven-string form (or, god forbid, even just one of them) I think they'd sell more units than they will 8 string singles.

·
The Beard
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what is heading your way, Fred.
Let me know when it arrives.
Absolutely, mate. Dang, I wish I knew there was a single as well - I'm going to enslave Jaden again. :lol:

·
Black Metal Bunny
1,144 Posts
How long until some hipsters start putting 8 string pickups in their 6 string guitars and saying that the extra polepieces do some magnetic stuff and capture the sound better :lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Finally, I was waiting for another 8 string dimarzio pickup I wana try something different to my BKP. I was going to check out the d activators but, £160 is also to spend just to try them out.
Fred do you mind doing side by side comparison of the D Activators 8's vs the Ionizers 8's when you get them?

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
+1

1 - 20 of 40 Posts