Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
It's pretty yeah, but like you said, for that price, it should have something other than a fucking Corvette engine in it. Besides, Amazonian Virgins? Not when I'm done......

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wow, what's with the Corvette hate? That motor only happens to come from a Z06, a $75,000 car that embarrasses the Porsche 911 Turbo that costs twice as much. What honestly separates the rest of the pack from Corvette are the cheap interior and poor exterior fitment that is pretty much the Chevy standard. The motor, transmission, drivetrain, chassis, and brakes are top notch.

Maybe you're just mad that you Brits don't know how to build engines, since you have the Americans building them for Jaguar and the Germans building them for Bentley. :fawk:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
It's not so much Corvette hate, it's that for that price, I'd expect something tailor made for the car. Not something transplanted from another car.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I just think it's ugly :lol:

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Yeah, I test drove a lot of Porsches before I bought my Vette. I'd want hand built as well, but mass produced, super powerful and proven not to break every 20 miles has it's upside too ;)

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not so much Corvette hate, it's that for that price, I'd expect something tailor made for the car. Not something transplanted from another car.
Absolutely. I have only one thing against the Corvette, they don't make it in right hand drive. Otherwise I love it. My problem is this is a £620,000 car with a mass production engine in it, not a bespoke unit. Hell, it wouldn't have been so bad if they'd at least tweaked the engine to some unique specs.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Most of those limited-production supercars have engines made for something else in them, the price would be utterly ridiculous if they made their own...this is why Lambo used the same engine (but tweaked each time) in all their v12 cars until after the diablo haha.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Wow, what's with the Corvette hate? That motor only happens to come from a Z06, a $75,000 car that embarrasses the Porsche 911 Turbo that costs twice as much.
So much this. Chevy has made/makes plenty of junk, but they put a lot of engineering effort into the 'vette.

The Koenigsegg CCR is powered by the 4.7L Ford modular V8 and that car held the speed record a few years back.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Absolutely. I have only one thing against the Corvette, they don't make it in right hand drive. Otherwise I love it.
How is it our fault that your country does shit backwards?

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How is it our fault that your country does shit backwards?
Except driving on the left in the UK (albeit with horses & carts) predates the USA, ergo it's you who's doing it wrong :fawk:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Except driving on the left in the UK (albeit with horses & carts) predates the USA, ergo it's you who's doing it wrong :fawk:
Remind me again where the first mass-produced automobiles and major road system was invented? My memory is a bit fuzzy on where Ford got his start.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So much this. Chevy has made/makes plenty of junk, but they put a lot of engineering effort into the 'vette.

The Koenigsegg CCR is powered by the 4.7L Ford modular V8 and that car held the speed record a few years back.
Didnt know that about the koenidsegg. i learned my one thing for today lol. I thought thwey made their own engines. :yesway:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts