Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headrush

Certainly looks interesting, but like anything, we'll see. It's 899 in squiggles, no idea what the USD is.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
When I'm contemplating gear, the first thing I look for is an attractive young woman miming some shred with silky fingerless velvet gloves. Sign me up.

(I know who this girl is, but this video is still cringe-worthy as all hell.)

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
She has enough chops that I'm a little surprised she's miming this.

Also, considering I've seen videos of her since she was 16 or so, I can't say I love the fact that they're playing up her sexuality in marketing videos now. It feels sleazy anyway, but all the more so when it's a young woman who you used to know as a really talented kid.

Reactions: 1

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
When I'm contemplating gear, the first thing I look for is an attractive young woman miming some shred with silky fingerless velvet gloves. Sign me up.

True, but the thirsty-ass djent nerds who will promise to and subsequently not buy this thing are gonna be frothing at the fuckin' mouth

·
Banned
835 Posts
Drowning your demo in reverb isn't exactly how to market a modeler to anyone who's already owned one.

Sarah is great, though. But she's a djenter, which means...

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Well the interface looks nice at least.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
You know, unfortunately this commercial doesn't do her or the product any favors.

That's not a knock on her or the product, but the cinematography/composition of the actual spot made it look like the commercial was designed by a committee of Japanese businessmen trying to capitalize on the success of the original Matrix.

Like, the commericial style they are using here would have been cutting edge for a Lexus TV spot in 1999. There are so many problems here honestly.

-The whole point of using a talented real guitar player is to give the vibe that it's not a pantomiming model. They've really done her a disservice here.
-Those tones are just bad. That's like, circa 2004 modeling quality.
-Seriously, the tone is purposefully boxy as fuck
-Her vibrato is objectively terrible.
-The composition of the entire thing, including the name, is cringeworthy. The entire thing screams "JAPANESE MARKET"
-The drums are embarassingly unhumanized. Toontrack is awesome enough these days to sell pre-humanized drums that sounds more convincing than this.

oh and

-The comments on youtube are disabled, day/morning of release, which unfortunately reeks of the fact that everyone involved knew this was bad enough to cause a shitstorm. :lol:

She's a smart/talented lady, I'm sure she doesn't like this either. Like, the entire vibe I am getting here is this is gear designed for Anime Characters.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
She's a smart/talented lady, I'm sure she doesn't like this either. Like, the entire vibe I am getting here is this is gear designed for Anime Characters.
:rofl:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
The prices is 899 UK Pounds... thats like 1100 Dollars/Euros... can they even compete with the Axe and the Helix at this price point?

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Eh :shrug:

But a 20 minute looper sounds pretty sweet, right guys?

..guys?
A looper with support for multiple layers and 20 minutes of total recording time would be awesome. But, a 20 minute loop.... Eh...

Loopers are fun. I need to spend more time screwing with the one in my Timeline.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Agreed 100%. Worst video ever to release for something like this, but whatever. She's trendy now, so I'm sure that's why they had her on it.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The prices is 899 UK Pounds... thats like 1100 Dollars/Euros... can they even compete with the Axe and the Helix at this price point?
A. price from UK to USD doesn't always translate, especially when it's a US-based company, and B. yes, it can compete with the others, if it sounds good. The AmpliFIRE does. Surely they'd have to realize that it'd be a non-starter if it didn't compete tone-wise with the others at a similar price point.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
It's January, and I believe Garrett may have already won quote of the year. :lol:

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Amp selections sounds meh

59 TWEED DELUXE
59 TWEED BASS
64 BLACK LUX VIB
64 BLACK LUX NORM
64 BLACK VIB
65 BLACK SR
65 BLACK MINI
65 J45
66 AC Hi BOOST
67 BLACK DUO
67 PLEXIGLAS VARI
68 PLEXIGLAS 50W
69 PLEXIGLAS 100W
BLUE LINE BASS
82 LEAD 800 100W
M-2 LEAD
SL-100 DRIVE
SL-100 CRUNCH
SL-100 CLEAN
92 TREADPLATE MODERN
92 TREADPLATE VINTAGE
93 MS30
RB-01B RED
RB-01B BLUE
RB-01B GREEN
82 LEAD 800 BASS MOD
89 SL-100 EXT RANGE
82 LEAD 800 BRIGHT
67 BLACK SHIMMER
59 DELUXE GAIN MOD
68 PLEXI EL84 MOD
66 AC HI BOOST MOD
69 BLUE LINE SCOOP

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
With that amp list, they don't seem to have djent in mind :lol:

That is, unless the RB-01B is some modicum of 5150.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
With that amp list, they don't seem to have djent in mind :lol:

That is, unless the RB-01B is some modicum of 5150.
I know. It also has 6 overdrive/distortion effects which seem so like an oversight.

I thought it could be bogner ecstasy - RB

1 - 20 of 67 Posts