Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys, time for another ngd :)

i love the flame maple so much on my ibanez that when i decided to go shopping for a cheap 6 string to upgrade i ran across this bad boy. its an Ltd H-330NTFM :)

at first i was skeptical about the quality but i got it in earlier today and this thing is built like a tank and is very solid. lucky for me the only "used" part of it was the slight scratching on the back plate.

the binding on it is very subtle too, but looks fantastic from the right angle.

enjoy :D

·
Pinnacle to the Pit
485 Posts
Would you be offended if I told you that I wanted to make sweet, sweet love to your new guitar? Because I do. Hard.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys!

any ideas for new pickups? my first impression of the stock pups is that they are much better than i expected! although i would like to get some emg's in there. or possibly try out some passives?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, I might have to snag one of these once I start rebuilding my arsenal. My only complaint is the headstock... It's not terrible, but I wish it were either a (reversed) in line or cock stock....Though being bolt on, I guess I could change it if I really wanted to. :shrug:
i would love this about 3x more if it had a cockstock :lol:

but i seriously dig this one as-is. me being a lover of the schecter style headstock and this being so similar in design, i really like it :)

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
i would love this about 3x more if it had a cockstock :lol:

but i seriously dig this one as-is. me being a lover of the schecter style headstock and this being so similar in design, i really like it :)
If only the M version of this had the same binding...i'd totally just try to score one of them on Ebay and swap it. :yesway:

I dig the Schecter stock too, it's not bad at all just would rather it be the two I mentioned above. lol

·
Pinnacle to the Pit
485 Posts
that makes one of us :lol:

i love TOM's. :agreed:
Agreed! The Babicz Bridge is a great option, too.

As for pickups, how's the wiring on those? Are they hardwired or are they the quick-connect pickups like EMG and Seymour Duncan make now?

If they're quick-connect, it would be easier to slap either an EMG or SD pair in there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
well guys, time for another ngd :)

i love the flame maple so much on my ibanez that when i decided to go shopping for a cheap 6 string to upgrade i ran across this bad boy. its an Ltd H-330NTFM :)

at first i was skeptical about the quality but i got it in earlier today and this thing is built like a tank and is very solid. lucky for me the only "used" part of it was the slight scratching on the back plate.

the binding on it is very subtle too, but looks fantastic from the right angle.

enjoy :D
I said this in part in the other thread, but the H330s are nice. I had one. I was surprised at how good the ESP actives sounded. Entirely different tone than EMGs (of course). Mine unfortunately had quite a playability issue though new in box, and had to go back. A corner case, I'm sure. The binding is super nice on them, that's for certain.

Congrats on your NGD.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I said this in part in the other thread, but the H330s are nice. I had one. I was surprised at how good the ESP actives sounded. Entirely different tone than EMGs (of course). Mine unfortunately had quite a playability issue though new in box, and had to go back. A corner case, I'm sure. The binding is super nice on them, that's for certain.

Congrats on your NGD.
this thing was nearly perfectly setup right out of the box! it required very little tinkering :)

the pickups are pretty good indeed, although not as hot as emg's, these seem more styled for rock/hard rock. they are not quite as "chunky" but very clear and articulate. quite a surprise there actually :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed! The Babicz Bridge is a great option, too.

As for pickups, how's the wiring on those? Are they hardwired or are they the quick-connect pickups like EMG and Seymour Duncan make now?

If they're quick-connect, it would be easier to slap either an EMG or SD pair in there.
not sure on the wiring, although i do believe since the stock pups are active it will be easier to just slap some emg's on there. any ideas on some unique emg combos? im sick of the classic 81/85 :lol:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
The 85 was fun to try in the bridge. Get an 8185 set and switch them in/out when you change strings. Get a 60 for more options.

·
Pinnacle to the Pit
485 Posts
not sure on the wiring, although i do believe since the stock pups are active it will be easier to just slap some emg's on there. any ideas on some unique emg combos? im sick of the classic 81/85 :lol:
Check out the 57/66 combo.
I've had good experiences with that combo in the past.

Found a video of Andy James with same combo.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts