Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
One of the best shows I've ever been to was a venue that held about 200 people, and Yngwie came out like he was playing in front of 2000, maybe even 20,000. This guy was awesome. He's literally been on of my favorite guitarists since about 1986, when Trilogy came out.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I don't even hate Fire and Ice which a lot of people call his worst album. :)
I have a big poster of the "Fire and Ice" Yngwie album cover with a pick (plectrum) taped to it that my brother caught at a show.

Man, he was pissed when I untaped that pick (said plectrum) and took it off and used it to play guitar. I think he might have confiscated that poster... And the pick (plectrum).

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
I have a big poster of the "Fire and Ice" Yngwie album cover with a pick (plectrum) taped to it that my brother caught at a show.

Man, he was pissed when I untaped that pick (said plectrum) and took it off and used it to play guitar. I think he might have confiscated that poster... And the pick (plectrum).
I might have been upset too, only if you had absorbed the awesome left in the plectrum! by using it to play before I had. He should have put it behind glass.:rofl:

I like Fire & Ice. :lol:
Good. Now I don't have to shun you.

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
As much shit as people talk about Yngwie, I have to credit him as the reason I know anything about lead guitar. Only made sense to learn since I have a mainly baroque and classical background in the first place. Sure he's not as technically able as some other guitar god types, but this dude is simply badass. Love his rendition of Albinoni's Adagio in this vid... And the horrific fuckup in Far Beyond the Sun :lol:

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
you have to relate this story to us.
Geez.

Around five years ago, I was in a folk-punk band. We practiced in my friend's garage. He had a dog that would go insane whenever we played, so we had to lock it outside when we were practicing. One day, the guitarist and I were trying to figure out what chords we should have in the chorus and the dog got into the garage. He went berserk and jumped straight at me. The pick was in my mouth and I swallowed it.

There have been several close calls since then, but I still chew on picks. :lol:

Somehow the story is not as long as I had thought it was.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Fire & Ice is ok, but of the albums with Goran Edman on vox, I prefer Eclipse. That was the last Yngwie rock album that really clicked with me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts