Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. :lol:

Never been all that into this band, to be honest.
This is an actual Easter event, Drew. Lamb Of God the band is not actually playing this show. Guessing the church just did a Google search for Lamb Of God images, unaware there's a metal band with the name.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
This is an actual Easter event, Drew. Lamb Of God the band is not actually playing this show. Guessing the church just did a Google search for Lamb Of God images, unaware there's a metal band with the name.
Oh jesus, haha. I thought the band was just having more of a sense of humor than I'd given them credit for. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

They were originally called Burn the Priest, but their label strong armed them into changing their name; it was pretty hard to get booked in the south and Midwest. You could say their current name is already reflective of their sense of humor.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Oh jesus, haha. I thought the band was just having more of a sense of humor than I'd given them credit for. :lol:
You should give them a listen sometime. I believe you dig Devildriver in small Drew-sized doses, and they're kind of in the same vein. I'm not wild about LoG's singer (I pretty much just tune him out), but the rest of the band is awesome. They write some seriously badass riffs.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

Randy Blythe is a cool dude, but his vocals are just terrible. Worse than Brian from Shadow's Fall bad. Worse than dude from In Flames bad. Worse than Jonathan Davis from Korn bad. Blythe vocals are worse than dreadlocks white guy bad.

·
Read Only
3 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts

Randy Blythe is a cool dude, but his vocals are just terrible. Worse than Brian from Shadow's Fall bad. Worse than dude from In Flames bad. Worse than Jonathan Davis from Korn bad. Blythe vocals are worse than dreadlocks white guy bad.
I was really impressed with his response to the death of that kid in, um, was it Ukraine? Super-intelligent, articulate, thoughtful, and understanding. I just can't get into his singing.

·
Guitar noob
2,202 Posts
I was really impressed with his response to the death of that kid in, um, was it Ukraine? Super-intelligent, articulate, thoughtful, and understanding. I just can't get into his singing.
C'mon, if you don't enjoy it you can get pissed drunk and wander out through the night... Alright that was the last time...

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Drew, Lamb of God has a lot of fun with their name.

This whole Easter thing in this thread reminds me A LOT of their music video for Ruin. Watch it, Drew. WATCH IT. :lol:

The music video for ******* has a similar idea, but that one is 100% a joke and is a lot less "religious."

You should give them a listen sometime. I believe you dig Devildriver in small Drew-sized doses, and they're kind of in the same vein. I'm not wild about LoG's singer (I pretty much just tune him out), but the rest of the band is awesome. They write some seriously badass riffs.
I actually really really like Randy's vocals on Ashes of the Wake, but find myself kind of disliking them on Wrath and disliking them quite a bit on Sacrament (his vocals on that album are pretty bad) and kind of liking them on As the Palaces Burn. New American Gospel has the kind of vocals that I really have no positive or negative opinions towards.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I listen to plenty of bands with vocalists that I don't particularly like (Labrie, Geddy Lee, etc). As long as it's tolerable and the music is badass, I'll crank it and headbang. :metal:

Blythe isn't bad, he's just pretty generic. Which is saying a lot, because IMO 99% of vocalists that sing the way he does sound exactly the same. :lol: He just sounds exactly the same-er, or something. Shit if I care, LoG still kicks ass.

·
Format C: For Cortex
790 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of their latest stuff, but As The Palaces Burn is one of my favorite albums ever. There are so many fun, memorable riffs on the album, something that IMO has been missing on their following albums.

I also saw them live with Meshuggah last year. If Meshuggah weren't on the bill with them I probably wouldn't have gone, but for the songs I'm into I though they were a great band live.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.