Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before there was Volbeat, the Volbeat dude (Michael Poulsen, singer/guitarist/songwriter dude, all the other guys are sidemen), released two awesome albums both in the style of Entombed/Unleashed Viking Metal and one of the sickest Death N Roll albums out there. (Views to the Dim = Death Metal, The First 9 = Death N' Roll, both are awesome, though most of you will like the Death N Roll one better) It's the most dramatic transition of total badass to total pussy, even worse than post Strapping Devy.

At least it's cool that he uses his mega fame with the energy drink generation to give shout outs to trve metal.

Seriously though, that might be the worst sell out of all time. Also hilarious how he does that weird singing that makes you want to pierce your eardrums with something sharp and pretending he can't death growl. Dude should have just concentrated on taking this to arenas.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Volbeat is terrible. :lol:
It's hard to totally hate them though, mainly because the main guy is a cool dude. He has like King Diamond, Kreator, Mercyful Fate, Napalm Death guesting on his songs and the first two records he did are actually mega kvlt.

They do suck though, the pop country sound is so bad.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I don't give a shit what the current scene kids are or are not into, I think Volbeat is awesome.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't give a shit what the current scene kids are or are not into, I think Volbeat is awesome.
Volbeat is what the current scene kids are into.

They have cool songs here and there, but there is no denying some of their stuff is fucking awful.

Also it's kind of funny that the dude already did every Volbeat riff in a way harder rocking on this album, but had to severely tone them down to get a big audience. Because this record rocks really hard.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Neutered is like, the perfect word to describe it. A bunch of tunes that have tons of potential that just didn't quite pan out.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Maybe he'll resurrect Dominus once Volbeat is all cashed-out.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Dominus is aweful IMO. Generic sounding rubbage.
The guy was smart enough to realize it was going nowhere, and went the rite direction to put food on the table.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
I have the "First 9" CD, which ruled back then.

I hate Volbeat, which won't surprise those of you that know me. :lol: Though, I admit that this "guitar gangsters" song is a superb earworm. Still hate them though. I always wondered if this dude some day thought "You know...actually Social Distortion aren't 50s enough, I'm gonna "Elvis" the shit out of their material."

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't stand Volbeat. That singing, I don't know, it's just not for me.
But they are making a living playing music and I'm not.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts