Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres what i got. engl powerball2, peavey XXX and jet city jca100h. Mesa oversized cab and marshall 1960a cab.
I dont have alot of spare time to experiment, (maybe in 3 months lol). If you were me and played everything from hair metal to "nu-metal" what amp head configuration for each amp would you use? Thanks

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Id hook up the JCA to either cab, probably the marshall. Cant help with the other two

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Seriously, how hard is it to swap a couple of cables? Just set all three heads on top of the cabs and play around. I'm sure you'll find that the ENGL and XXX sound "right" through the Mesa oversized, but I ran my XXX combo on top of a Marshall 4x12 once and it was a lot of 6x12 sex.

This is seriously 30 minutes' worth of experimentation.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Id hook up the JCA to either cab, probably the marshall. Cant help with the other two
This. Plug the JCA into the Marshall cab, and throw the other things in the garbage :yesway:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
This. Plug the JCA into the Marshall cab, and throw the other things in the garbage :yesway:
For the genres he's playing yes except the XXX should just remain in the garbage by itself and the Powerball mailed to me.

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously, how hard is it to swap a couple of cables? Just set all three heads on top of the cabs and play around. I'm sure you'll find that the ENGL and XXX sound "right" through the Mesa oversized, but I ran my XXX combo on top of a Marshall 4x12 once and it was a lot of 6x12 sex.

This is seriously 30 minutes' worth of experimentation.
Dont get fiesty, they are not at the same location. engl and mesa are at studio 60 miles away from practice house where the xxx and jet city and marshall cab are. I was just asking to se if i could eliminate some shuffleing around of big fucking stuff. I know how to set heads on top of each other if they were all at the same place DUH:nuts:

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Dont get fiesty, they are not at the same location. engl and mesa are at studio 60 miles away from practice house where the xxx and jet city and marshall cab are. I was just asking to se if i could eliminate some shuffleing around of big fucking stuff. I know how to set heads on top of each other if they were all at the same place DUH:nuts:
Be easy man, You didnt say that in the begining. We didnt know. :lol:

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry i just assumed that by asking a question like that, no one would assume im that stupid or lazy lol

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Sorry i just assumed that by asking a question like that, no one would assume im that stupid or lazy lol
Hey, its the internet. :lol: Stupider shit has beeen said/done. :lol: I would say the jet city with a boost would be one of the better bets. :agreed:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
For hair metal, the JCA + 1960 cab would be my choice. I haven't played an XXX recently enough to remember what they sound like, and I strongly dislike the Powerball, so I'm not a good resource on those.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Nobody got fiesty, and nobody called you stupid. As far as I can tell all of this equipment is sitting in your bedroom. I pitched you some input, to boot.

And me calling most anybody else lazy is... mildly hypocritical. :lol:

So anyway, are you leaving one cab at one location and the other 60 miles away, and you're wondering which heads to leave where?

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's all good I'm not mad at anyone. I could have said the question better but I'm a LAZY typer. Lol really I am. To lazy for punctuation,lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts