8,924 Posts
Here is a portion of my family:

Parts stratocaster:

Heritage H-157 Black Beauty, KXK Sii-7, and ESP MV-USA:

Jackson Soloist Pro:

Ibanez GWB-35:

Jackson CS Stealth-7:

ESP Mirage Custom:

The only guitars of mine not pictured are my Conklin Groove Tools 5-string bass and my newest guitar, a Heritage H-555 semi-hollow, which is basically Heritage's version of a Gibson ES-355. Mine is blue burst with flaming all over the body and neck. It's pure sex, but I haven't bothered to take any photos yet. I'll have to remedy that...

At the moment, the guitars I'm playing the most are the Heritage Black Beauty, the KXK, and that parts stratocaster. That Black Beauty is frightening. It's 10.5 lbs of pure sonic destruction. No bullshit 'weight relief' holes like Gibson does now, just pure tone. I've since removed the gold-covered Duncan '59s it came with and put in Duncan Distortions to get that John Sykes roar out of it.

I have a crazy/goofy/scary improvised album that I've finished that uses the Les Paul, stratocaster, and ESP Mirage exclusively, but I've got to finish mastering it, make soundclips, and do the artwork before you get to hear anything from it.

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
And to make many of you really hate me, the Jackson Death Warrior:

Whoa... wait a minute? When the fuck did you get that?
Seriously man, if you EVER decide to get rid of that, you send me a message. I have drooled over that thing for years!

·
Registered
0 Posts
*cough* That ain't no Warrior boy, it's a Death Warrior. First neck-through 7 string finished by the Jackson Custom Shop.
Yeah, it's the first neck through seven string finished, meaning the first one they didn't fuck up! :scream: It was the second one ordered! [action=Matt Crooks]is not bitter[/action]

It's also only one of two made in that body style. The other is a yellow six string.

There should be a clip that features the DW on my myspace page sometime this week :)

·
Registered
6,968 Posts

Loomis, main stage guitar. Modded to have push/pull pickup selection and a pushbutton killswitch.

C7HR, backup stage guitar. modded to have 2 Vol. and a toggle killswitch.

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
Man, those Loomis guitars keep calling out to me. :metal:

Here's some better shots of the Xiphos:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Killswitches rule. I wish those were stock on guitars instead of those fucking useless tone knobs. :yesway:

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
Hell yeah! That's the first thing I do when I get a new guitar anymore. Rip out the tone knob and slap in a killswitch. :metal:

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
So did I. :shrug: The buyer bailed.
I might be putting it back up since when the Music Mans arrive, all my others are just going to collect dust.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Is it crazy that I have had more GAS for an S7 lately than any other shape or custom. :nuts: Every time I see one I get the urge to look for one on the bay and natural finished ones like Joe's above are even worse :scream:
No. It is not crazy.

This is my S7420FMTW, my baby, joy, and current main player and only seven. Since these pics she's recently been upgraded with these:

This is my Jackson Stealth (one of two) which is my main sixer, tuned B F# B E G# C# (Drop B) and fitted with an EMG 85 + killswitch.

I have a few other guitars, but they aren't really relevant to this thread. Is my only bass, formerly mf666's:

Hope you see this James, maybe you can shed some light into how long I slaved at the bridge cleaning it :p

My other 7, my RG7420, is awaiting a new part, since this happened :(

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
The stealth is thicker, and doesn't feel as streamlined. Its still a mga comfy guitar, although I can't really compare it to an S or SA. It sounds weird, but the closest comparison I can think of is the SZ in the way that it hugs the body, but it doesn't feel as aerodynamic as the S series. Its kind of liek I'm playing a prototype.

Love it to bits though - its nice and lightweight for the stage histrionics we have, but heavy enough to feel like a proper guitar.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Cheers, I've been thinking about a thin custom S like guitar lately and Jackson have a custom shop so that's why I'm asking.

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
The Stealth is full Strat/Soloist/Dinky thickness at the middle, with tapered edges that aren't quite as thin as those on a Sabre. The Sabre body is thinner than normal all the way through, which is why the pickup switch, for example, sits elevated off the body.

You could probably get an extra thin Stealth from Jackson, but it would cost you a huge amount, since non-standard designs are a huge upcharge. You'd probably be better off getting an S7420 and customizing it yourself, or going with a small builder.

41 - 60 of 1242 Posts