·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Well that sounded amazing.

What tubes you using?

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
sounds fucking awesome :yesway: and holy shit, you run your gain at about 3 oclock and it still sounds really tight and clear.
Recto gain is a lot more useable than most people let on. Excess gain does a great job compensating for a light picker, and as long as you keep the treble and presence knobs in line, you can pretty much dime the gain and not have to worry about it being too harsh.

Not that I would rock a recto that way, but it's far more useable than, say, a 5150's gain.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Recto gain is a lot more useable than most people let on. Excess gain does a great job compensating for a light picker, and as long as you keep the treble and presence knobs in line, you can pretty much dime the gain and not have to worry about it being too harsh.

Not that I would rock a recto that way, but it's far more useable than, say, a 5150's gain.
I'm fairly sure Paul Ryan from Origin runs a recto pre with the gain dimed :lol:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Wait, are you calling Mattayus a bitchpicker? :rofl:
That shit is so stupid. I am a light picker and I have never understood why people feel need to beat their instruments. You get a much better tone out of your guitar by finesse than beating it up.:yesway:

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
To be fair I tend to agree. You can get a lot more dynamics going on with a lighter touch and my notes don't go sharp all the time :yesway:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you dudes!

FWIW, I pick like a motherfucker, but it's just firm and assertive in the interest of consistency, not to hammer the shit out of my guitar :lol:

Also to further the gain conversation; that's not really that high for the new rectifiers. They don't have anywhere near as much gain as the previous models, and it's a tighter, less woolly gain too.

That said, it's still a little higher than I would use if I were tracking live through the amp, but this was re-amped, and you always need to give it a little nudge more than you'd use playing through it due to slight signal loss etc. I'd generally have it around 2:30 and without the TS (the TS in this instance was for tone rather than gain-boosting, though)

Well that sounded amazing.

What tubes you using?
Cheers dude! 6L6's.

Sounded great. Awesome song, man. :metal: And very idea for people who want help getting a tone with that gear. Surprised you didn't list your guitar and pickups for the complete detail-queen, though.

Also, where's your 1080p at, bro?!
Well I guess because I made this with the intent to promote my reamping capabilities, I didn't think it important to list that shit too, but now that you mention it... I can't even remember. I'm pretty sure it was my Jackson DK2m, but I can't remember if I did this while it still had the JB/Jazz or if it was with the EMG's :lol:

And I'm not very good at this video lark, I just go on Sony Vegas' suggestions....

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts