Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I did a pickup video. I've actually been sitting on this one for a long-ass time now, I haven't even had this guitar OR this pickup for about 4 months at least :lol:

And here's a link to a brief review, plus the download link for the DI's and backing track, if you care to reamp this yourself - Seymour Duncan SH-10 Full Shred - Demo and Review | Numbskull Audio Production

Thank you muchly! :metal:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks dudes. This one was a lot of fun.

For those interested, signal chain was;
Ibanez RG1570 > Maxon OD808 > Dual Rectifier (Orange channel, Modern, 50w mode, settings in the video) > Marshall 1960 (V30) > SM57 > Very little EQ besides a gentle lo/hi pass

As for the lead... I can't remember :lol:, but pretty certain it was the same but Orange channel in Vintage mode.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
That was fucking awesome. Make albums like this. I will buy them.
Holy fuck, this. Also, is Ch2 voiced any differently from Ch3 on the Reborns? I'm surprised you got something this 80s-y out of a Recto. :lol:

But, killer writing and killer playing, man! Chris needs a Full Shred in something, I think. :agreed:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Holy fuck, this. Also, is Ch2 voiced any differently from Ch3 on the Reborns? I'm surprised you got something this 80s-y out of a Recto. :lol:

But, killer writing and killer playing, man! Chris needs a Full Shred in something, I think. :agreed:
Thanks man. Yeah Ch2 seems to be voiced with slightly less aggressive mids and treble, so it lends itself to more of the "rock" thing but still sounds great for metal if need be. FWIW, in my covers band, I'll use red for things like pantera, slayer, slipknot, machine Head etc, and reserve the orange for AIC, soundgarden, maiden... even though the underlying tone and feel are really similar, it's just got more of that snarly midrange goodness, aand less of the chunk-chunk.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Thanks man. Yeah Ch2 seems to be voiced with slightly less aggressive mids and treble, so it lends itself to more of the "rock" thing but still sounds great for metal if need be. FWIW, in my covers band, I'll use red for things like pantera, slayer, slipknot, machine Head etc, and reserve the orange for AIC, soundgarden, maiden... even though the underlying tone and feel are really similar, it's just got more of that snarly midrange goodness, aand less of the chunk-chunk.
That's about how I feel about 3 and 4 on the Roadster, too - 3 is a little thicker, a little smoother, and more midrange-y than chunky, while 4 is much faster tracking and has more low end chunk. I generally use 3 for lead sounds, but that gets at about the same point.

Anyway, this fucking rules, man. \m/

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.