·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Shredding at the optometrist? :lol:

Nice chops :metal:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
What the fuck is with all you guys being so good?

It makes me feel inadequate.

Fuck all of you.

:(

But srs, even for a first take, that shit kicks ass.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Nice dude!

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Tone is on point!
Oh yeah, my immidiate reaction was that the solo tone was SPECTACULAR. Middy, sharp, but not harsch or shrieky! You nailed it Mattyus!!!
And the playing was great too! Super vibrato!

(I really need to practice how to dial in amp sounds because mine are usually extremely trebly and obnoxious, even tho that may be a good thing since I often play really fast riffs, so every note comes out... But I still envy many tones that I hear others do, this one included!)

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you gentlemen. I wasn't trying to downplay it or anything, I know it's an ok take, but it really isn't the best :lol: The best take is the one I've actually saved in the Cubase project that will be on the EP, it's just much cleaner and has less string noise (and the alt-picked run at the end just has a little more mojo and preciseness to it).

I actually really despise writing and recording leads. It takes me forever to write something interesting, and I'm not a shredder in the slightest so I don't have that 'thing' that a lot of guys have where they can just wail and know exactly where they want to go with it. I have a few licks and tricks up my sleeve but I definitely need to get back into learning/practising technique, so I can whip out those 2-minute rip-fests that Cassidy and Rockas can do!

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Thank you gentlemen. I wasn't trying to downplay it or anything, I know it's an ok take, but it really isn't the best :lol: The best take is the one I've actually saved in the Cubase project that will be on the EP, it's just much cleaner and has less string noise (and the alt-picked run at the end just has a little more mojo and preciseness to it).

I actually really despise writing and recording leads. It takes me forever to write something interesting, and I'm not a shredder in the slightest so I don't have that 'thing' that a lot of guys have where they can just wail and know exactly where they want to go with it. I have a few licks and tricks up my sleeve but I definitely need to get back into learning/practising technique, so I can whip out those 2-minute rip-fests that Cassidy and Rockas can do!
Dont worry dude, you play really well! And good thing you do godo vibratos too. For me its more enjoyable to hear a solo with good vibrato than perfect 6-string sweeps. I've heard many "shredders" that end a run with a completely out-of-tune and out-of-tempo vibrato. It just destroys the solo every time those shows up. But you do it right!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts