Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this fiddle has taken such a turn from my original idea, i decided to make a different thread .

I have 2 metal ass 7's, and after thought on the subject, i wanted a vintage vibe on this with a touch of modern. Something for post rock and mellower stuff.
The strandberg body was just too modern, so I copped out and did an rg style shape.

I should be getting my neck from soulmate guitars here in a couple weeks.
Maple and walnut laminates with a zebrawood fretboard. Set neck, 0 radius fretboard

I just ordered a chrome covered nordstrand nvh(its a paf with a few extra windes of wire for a little thicker midrange) and i'm trying to find a nordstrand single coil for the neck(having a little trouble cuz i can only find them in sets).

And with some mineral spirits.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I can't wait to see how you like the Soulmate neck. I know Josh had recommended them before, but Soulmate had stopped accepting new customers for a time. Now it looks like they've started up again. I was thinking of getting something a bit fancier for my RG421; like a wenge neck with blank ebony board. Their prices are very Warmoth-ish.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't wait to see how you like the Soulmate neck. I know Josh had recommended them before, but Soulmate had stopped accepting new customers for a time. Now it looks like they've started up again. I was thinking of getting something a bit fancier for my RG421; like a wenge neck with blank ebony board. Their prices are very Warmoth-ish.
Yep. Part of the reason i jumped on this was because i saw he was accepting new orders again. Prices really are pretty damn reasonable and the options are awesome. I couldnt find a flat fretboard anywhere else besides a full on custom. Doug has been great to work with and the turn around time is quick too.
I cant wait to get it in my hands to try:)

I was originally going to go with a wenge neck too, but its a bit of an upcharge and this is a 6'er so its not going to be my main guitar or anything so i decided against it and comprimized with the zebra board.
Oh, and they will only do laminate necks apperently.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The Soulmate neck on Ari's (WarriorOfMetal's) Dragonrider is amazing. Custom profile, custom scale, great quality, rock stable.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Soulmate neck on Ari's (WarriorOfMetal's) Dragonrider is amazing. Custom profile, custom scale, great quality, rock stable.
I'v only heard of good things about them. I'v had them on the radar since (like jeff said) you mentioned them a while back.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Yep. Part of the reason i jumped on this was because i saw he was accepting new orders again. Prices really are pretty damn reasonable and the options are awesome. I couldnt find a flat fretboard anywhere else besides a full on custom. Doug has been great to work with and the turn around time is quick too.
I cant wait to get it in my hands to try:)

I was originally going to go with a wenge neck too, but its a bit of an upcharge and this is a 6'er so its not going to be my main guitar or anything so i decided against it and comprimized with the zebra board.
Oh, and they will only do laminate necks apperently.
Yeah I saw that. Perhaps a mahogany neck with two walnut stripes and a blank ebony board would be really cool.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Maple goes well with bacon! :idea:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

That's almost as figured as your wifes ass :eek:

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

That's almost as figured as your wifes ass :eek:
:quagmire:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Nordstrand make great pickups.

They also make absolutely FANTASTIC basses.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts