Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished up the first of my guitar upgrade projects. Every single one of my guitars will be under the knife, one by one.

Yesterday my red Schecter V-1 Plus was reassembled with better parts, and today I wired it back up. Here are some pics!

(Excuse my less than awesome photography skills. I have a cheap camera and, generally, I don't give a fuck :yesway:)

It received a set of Sperzel locking tuners. The stock tuner holes were vintage sized so I had to drill them out wider. I used the StewMac tuner pin jig to drill the pin holes.

The licensed Floyd Rose tremolo was rebuilt with a new brass block from Floyd Upgrades, a new Schaller trem arm and holder set, and new string blocks. I also installed a trem-stopper.

For the electronics, it has a DiMarzio Norton in the bridge, a DiMarzio Cruiser in the neck, and a dummy Duncan Designed pickup in the middle position with its lead cut. I removed the 5-way switch and installed a push-pull pot for the volume. The tone knob is not connected. Thanks to Darren for the tips on the shielding tape and ring terminal star ground thing.

The guitar is in better shape now than it has ever been. It plays and sounds great :metal:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Oh my god, youre still working on this? You were telling me about this when i got that les paul from you 4 fucking years ago :lol:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Max shouldnt be one to talk with his piles of RG's in need of assembly

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my god, youre still working on this? You were telling me about this when i got that les paul from you 4 fucking years ago :lol:
:lol:

I never started it! I talked about it, but never put the money towards it. Recently I got a wild hair up my ass and decided it was time. :D

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Max shouldnt be one to talk with his piles of RG's in need of assembly
Or the guitar build he posted about but hasn't started :wub:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice work my friend!!

Those ring terminals for the ground are the new way of the world for me.
Definitely. That was the easiest guitar wiring job I have ever done. Soldering all the grounds to pots is a pain in the ass and super messy. I used to hate wiring guitars because of that alone.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I already posted this on facebook last week, but, to keep the thread going.....

It's a Stratocaster built from a Mighty Mite body and neck. The body is ash, the pickups are Dimarzio YJMs, Wilkinson 6 screw "vintage" trem, three way switch, Sperzel locking tuners...

It will be painted retina searing green, much to Eric's dismay.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seemed like the only appropriate option. The rest of my guitars are very "tame" so I need a crazy one :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright. So. My buddy is taking his sweet ass time painting that Stratocaster, and I'm kind of getting close to the "Breaking his fucking kneecaps" point.

So, I decided to get started on another guitar....my S7420. It's getting a lot of the same treatments.

Here is a shitty webcam pic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I have an electric guitar, which is a budget one and I am looking to upgrade it.

Could you guys tell me which guitar part shall upgrade first?

P.S. - I can't afford to upgrade the whole guitar at one go.

Thanx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts